Monday, January 3, 2011

F-is for Folate!



No more brie, no sushi, no hollandaise sauce...  But why focus on the negative?  I just found out that two of my very favorites are loaded with folate: lentils and asparagus! I love asparagus and I could seriously eat lentils everyday, I love them so much! ... and if that wasn't enough good news, I now have a brand new excuse not to eat the alfafa sprouts that my husband loves adding to our food. :-)

To celebrate, I cooked red split lentils (lentils, garlic, onions and olive oil: so easy!) and will cook asparagus tonight (pretty much the same as this, but replacing the butter for olive oil and adding some nuts... yummy!)... as well as taking pictures of them before cooking, of course :-).

For more on what to eat during your pregnancy, check this and this out.



No comments:

Post a Comment